Exterior Changes

Any change to the exterior of your home or property requires the approval from the Architectural Committee of the Homeowners Association. Do not confuse this approval with the “Building Permits” that may or may not be required by the City of Greenfield or Hancock County. They are separate entities and we will address each one individually.

Note: Permit Approval from the City or County does not guarantee approval from Mill Run, COA, same as approval from Mill Run COA does not guarantee approval from the City or County. They are separate entities and each requires approved documentation.

Do Not Jeopardize Your Investment by Building Without the Proper Homeowners Association Approval and/or Building Permits!

Residential Work Not Requiring a Permit

Residential Work Requiring a Permit

Download Architectural Request Form PDF

If you are considering an exterior improvement to your property such as exterior painting, home extension, deck, patio, fence, mailbox, storage shed, out building, concrete driveway, sidewalks or landscaping, Swing-set or play-set, download and complete the Architectural Change Request form above.

Submit a copy of the form along with:

1. A copy of your plot plan showing the location of your requested improvement

2. A copy of the Permit from the City (if required):

10 S. State St.
Greenfield, 46140
Telephone: 317-477-4320

3. For deck or fence requests, complete the attached deck/fence material list

4. Color of finished product

5. Copy of drawings of deck or other improvements

6. Photo or drawing of fence or other improvement

You received a copy of a Mortgage Survey Plot Plan in your closing papers from the Title Company upon the closing of your home. If you cannot locate your paperwork, you can obtain a copy from the Hancock County Recorders Office.

To expedite the review process, scan and upload your completed documents for email to:


Note: The Architectural Committee Has 15 Days to Approve or Deny Your Request

City/County Building Permits Are Your Responsibility

The City/County require building permits for certain projects both inside and outside your home. The links below will help you in determining if the project requires permitting. If you have any doubts about items requiring a permit, contact the City of Greenfield.